Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Flavored Cough Syrup

As illness sweeps through my household. First me now, my dear husband who did such a lovely job of taking care of me (he wrote the mushiest thing ever on his blog http://messyantics.blogspot.com about watching me sleep...totally keeping him). I've pondered this whole business of medicine really tasting about 37 flavors of vomitous, so that now you can get your cough syrup flavored at the pharmacy (the idea being if you can't swallow the the medicine without yarfing everywhere its really not gonna do you too much good!) However, note to all its much better in theory. So, they add a few drops of some magic wonka-esq stuff to your cough syrup. Here's the bottom line, its even more vile than when it started. So while the bargain price of $1.99 seems totally reasonable for not wasting the money on a prescription you can't swallow to start with. Grin and bear it knowing that an added flavoring will only make your suffering ten times greater! So the moral to the story is...the apple flavoring just makes you want to yack even more and then again for actually paying a buck 99 for it! Happy health and clean air to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, you've neglected to mention why I tried the flavoring in the first place. To wit: Kat complained how icky tasting HER cough syrup was when I insisted that she take it as the doctor had prescribed. Now she can't complain how icky it is when I tell her she has to take it, because mine is even worse.

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better my Kat?? The cough syrup probably didn't taste as bad as those Harry Potter jelly beans we bought at Target that one time. I think it was the "vomit" flavor that did it for me.