Saturday, May 06, 2006

Coincidence...I think not...

Strange things happen. I have a theory that they happen more often in Los Angeles ( well maybe because its LA, maybe just because I say so who knows). Last night Chad wanted to see a movie I wanted a quiet night with my hubby where we could actually talk ( not to mention chiro and my back were not friends yesterday!). So we instead headed to a Borders to look for a docudrama that I have been wanting him to see called “Isaac’s Storm” about the Galveston hurricane, which he now really wants to see after reading the book it’s based on. Anyhoo, we went to Borders ( 4 hours of free parking with validation from a purchase! Woo hoo!!!) The really strange part though is that as were walking through the store (after just getting this yummy coffee milkshake thing YUM YUM!!!) suddenly this young woman walks up to Chad and says, “Chad? Is that you?” He’s like yea its me…turns out it’s a girl he knew from High school, the daughter of his favorite band director that we only recently discovered lives out here…needless to say, he was shocked since he remembers her as an 8th grader =) But how strange is it when things like that happen. You have one set of plans and then when you change them slightly (He really wanted to see a movie last night) something unexpected yet wonderful often happens.
LA is a big place so running into anyone is kind of like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack. But, so far I know of no one I know living out here so I guess if I neglect to put on makeup when going out, I at least will be ok! =)
Sorry, its been so long since I updated, for those of you following the drama with my knee we found out Thursday it won’t require surgery, just a month or so of physical therapy to get me back on track so that’s a big Yea God!!
So anyway, I guess here’s to changing plans and trusting that God will be there whatever turns you make. Afterall, those of you who know me, know Chad wasn’t in my plans…talk about a nice surprise when plans fall through…something better waiting around the corner…maybe I should change my plans more often =)
Love you guys and miss you all too, keep in touch people let me know what strange things are happening to you=)

2 comments:

Jacki said...

I remember you planned on living alone and having lots of cats. I bet Chad is much better company!

Anonymous said...

I also require less kitty litter :-)